"The ultimate digital book experience from Richard Dawkins, one of the world’s greatest scientists.
No.1 book app in 27 countries, including UK, US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Norway, The Netherlands, Ireland and Sweden! *WINNER of the Digital BookWorld Publishing Innovation Award for Best Non-Fiction App 2012*
*WINNER of a Best App Ever Award for Best Coffee Table Book App 2012.
*Highly Commended in 2011 Futurebook Awards Best App category*"
This book app has paved the way for yet more innovative approaches to scientific truths put into chapters . I have chosen it because although it is clearly a scientific book it is a marvellous read for anyone curious enough to broaden their reading horizons . I would like to add that literature reading should not be limited to fiction or the classics . There are infinite ways to use this book app in an English class .My classes have used it for free time reading when finishing early .
When and how did everything begin?
What is a miracle?
What is the sun?
Why do bad things happen?
Throughout history people all over the world have invented stories to answer profound questions such as these. Have you heard the tale of how the sun hatched out of an emu's egg? Or the great catfish that carries the world on its back? These fantastical myths are fun – but what is the real answer to such questions?
The Magic of Reality for iPad is a new and groundbreaking approach to interactive books, taking us on an enthralling journey through scientific reality, and showing that it has an awe-inspiring beauty and thrilling magic which far exceeds those of the ancient myths. Richard Dawkins and Dave McKean have created a dazzling celebration of our planet that will inspire and amaze people of all ages.
• Full text from the new hardback book The Magic of Reality, beautifully re-imagined for the iPad
• Over 250 original illustrations from world-renowned artist Dave McKean
• Unique visual navigation and intuitive gesture controls
• Exclusive audio and video from Richard Dawkins
• Over 75 stunning animations that leap from the screen to bring the ancient myths to life
• Interactive demonstrations and games that allow you to get hands on with the science:
- Create your own rainbows using prisms and light
- Journey through space to understand the vastness of our universe
- Simulate the effects of heat, pressure and gravity on different states of matter
- Travel back in time to find out what your ancient ancestors looked like
- Artificially breed frogs to escape a hungry snake
- Fire Newton’s cannon around the Earth
- And more!
( as featured on the app)
ENGLISH LEVEL: B2+ (ALTE FRAMEWORK)